Q. What is a "NWCO" or "WCO?"
A. "NWCO" stands for Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator. "WCO" stands for Wildlife Control Operator. Both titles equate to a service industry entity that controls and/or manages wildlife or other vertebrate species. A WCO might be licensed to perform invertebrate ("bug") work, but his/her main occupation is wildlife management and control. WCOs are generally self-employed businessmen of the private sector. 

Q. What is an "ACO?"
A. "ACO" stands for Animal Control Officer. Persons of this title are generally involved with the management and control of domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. ACOs are usually employed by government agencies. 

Q. What is a "PCO?" 
A. "PCO" stands for Pest Control Operator. PCOs generally concentrate on invertebrate species management and control (spiders, termites, ants, cockroaches, etc.). Some PCOs also perform wildlife control work. 

Q. What is a "CWCP?"
A. "CWCP" stands for Certified Wildlife Control Professional. Any person possessing the CWCP title has proven to the National Wildlife Control Operators Association Review Board that he/she has demonstrated 100 hours of developmental education and 36 months of experience. CWCP status must be updated through proven, current educational experience on a regular basis. The founder of Northwest Nuisance Wildlife Control, John Consolini, is a Certified Wildlife Control Professional.

Q. What is "NWCOA?"
A. NWCOA stands for the National Wildlife Control Operators Association. NWCOA is a trade association representing WCOs across the nation.

Northwest Nuisance Wildlife Control related FAQ:

Q. Do you provide your services for free?
A. No. We are a private wildlife control business and charge fees for our services. We are not funded by public tax money.

Q. Are you a state or federal agency?
A. No. See above question and answer.

Q. What are your fees?
A. Service fees vary greatly depending on the task at hand. Please call us and we will do our best to offer a figure over the phone. If the situation requires us to visit the site before offering a quote, we will tell you this during the initial call. 

Q. I thought that Initiative 713 outlawed and banned trapping in Washington State. Is this true?
A. No. Initiative 713 banned fur trapping using a specific type of trap referred to as a "bodygrip" trap. Fur trapping is allowed using cage traps.

Q. Do you trap and remove moles?
A. No. Initiative 713 bans the use of mole traps (see above Q&A). Our code of ethics prevents us from partaking in illegal activities. Anyone trapping moles is breaking the law.

Q. What do you do with the animals that you catch?
A. Some animals are relocated to suitable habitat, such as beavers, river otters and mountain beavers. Some have to be euthanized because they are not native to Washington State or are sick. 

Q. Is this an animal rescue group? Do you take in sick, abandoned or injured wildlife and animals?
A: No. We can sometimes transport injured, sick, abandoned or displaced wildlife and animals in need of help to the proper facility, but we do charge a fee. Call or contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at 360-902-2156 for more information regarding sick or injured wildlife.

Q. But can't you just let the animals go somewhere?
A. Research shows that animals living in the city do not make it out in the wild. Also, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife does not want us to move animals around because they might carry diseases. Furthermore, Initiative 713 voted in by the people, does not allow for this. 

Q. I have heard that the relocation of animals is not a good thing. Can this possibly be true?
A. This is true. Even the Audubon Society is against relocation. Check out their Northwest site on relocating wildlife. "Wildlife Relocation: Not a Solution"

Q. My dog (or cat) is lost. Can we report this to you?
A. You should report lost dogs and cats to King County Animal Control at 206-296-PETS, or the appropriate city or county animal control facility.

Q. We have a stray dog running loose in our area. Can you remove it?
A. Stray dogs should be reported to King County Animal Control at 206-296-PETS, or the appropriate city or county animal control facility. If the situation involves an emergency, we might be able to help. 

Q. I'd like to report a case of animal abuse. Am I calling the right place?
A. No. Reports of animal abuse and wildlife violations should be reported to King County Animal Control and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, respectively.

Q. Do you trap and remove stray cats?
A. Yes. Please call us for more information regarding feral cat trapping, removal and control.

Q. My dog (or cat) has escaped and won't come back into the house. Can we hire you to catch it?
A. Yes. We have performed many such captures.

Q. I just need some information on how to control some problem animals on my own. Can you help me?
A. For free consultation regarding do-it-yourself work, try contacting wildlife related government agencies.

Q. Do you offer consultation services?
A. Yes. Please call us and we will gladly discuss the situation at hand.

Q. Are you licensed by the state?
A. Yes. We are licensed by the State of Washington and also by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. We are also bonded and insured.

Q. Is your company insured?
A. Yes. Northwest Nuisance Wildlife Control is bonded and insured.

Q. Do you get rid of ants, spiders, scorpions, bugs and termites?
A. No. We handle nuisance wildlife. Please call Willard's Pest Control for the control of invertebrate species.

Q. Do you control problem birds?
A. No, We handle nuisance wildlife. Please call Bird Busters for the control of birds.

Q. Is there anything you can do to help us get rid of the bats roosting above our porch, in the garage and in our home? We do not want them harmed.
A. Yes. We specialize in bat removal and keeping bats from roosting in and entering undesirable places. No bats are harmed during the process of removing bats from your home and property. 

Q. We have something trapped in our attic/stove vent/fireplace. Can you get it out?
A. More than likely, yes. We commonly remove birds, rats, squirrels, raccoons and other animals from attics, crawlspaces, stove vents, fireplaces and other locations in homes, garages and sheds.

Q. Do you remove skunks and raccoons?
A. Yes. We remove skunks and raccoons from homes, sheds, garages, gardens and anywhere that they are a problem.

Q. Do you remove snakes and provide site inspections for the prevention of snake presence?  
A. Yes. We provide snake removal and control.

Q. Do you trap coyotes and bobcats in town? They have been killing and eating my pets and hanging around.
A. Yes. We offer predator control in town. Please call us and explain the situation. There is always a way to prevent coyotes, bobcats and foxes from killing dogs, cats, birds and other animals of value.

Q. Do you remove dead animals from walls, attics, etc?
A. Yes. We can usually find and remove dead animals from inside structures.

Q. Can you pick up a dead animal from my yard or inside the house?
A. Yes. We offer dead animal removal and disposal services.

Q. Do you have anything to get rid of the smell from dead animals and skunks?
A. Yes. Please call us regarding the specifics of your odor removal needs.

Q. Beavers are flooding my road and property and destroying my trees. Do you trap and remove beavers?
A. Yes. Beaver trapping and removal is one of our specialties. 

Q. Do you remove beaver dams?
A. Yes. Removing beaver dams is part of our beaver control program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us assist you
email me

(425) 820-7476
(888) 868-3063